- The Laivakangas mine was clients first mine in Finland and also the first gold mine for them.
- The process was new for the client and they wanted to have it in production as soon as possible.
- Caverion delivered chemical and process pipelines in the concentrating plant and tank area.
- Caverion used the client’s materials.
Year of completion was 2011. Because the project scope was significantly extended, the installation time was put back to the autumn of 2011, when the weather also caused problems. However, the work was completed by the new system-specific deadlines set by the client.
Facts about the facility
- The main equipment and pipeline materials were supplied by Metso Minerals Ab, the main designer of the project. The pipework includes 12 kilometers of pre-insulated PE and steel pipes.
- Thick-walled heavy rubber hoses in the size range of DN 50 to 450 were particularly challenging to install.
Facts about Caverion's solutions
Amount of work was about 30,000 hours
Content: Chemical and process pipelines in the concentrating plant and tank area
Scope: Prefabrication and installation using the client’s materials